Keystone Meats Walking Tacos to Celebrate Camping Month
Did you know that June is National Camping Month?
Of course, a camping trip wouldn’t be complete without S’mores. They are absolutely necessary for family time by the fire.
Make sure that your sticks are long enough so that you can toast the marshmallows properly and safely.
Don’t forget the graham crackers and chocolate.
When camping in the summer months, staying hydrated is most important. You can spruce up your water with a little fruit.
Use mason jars and freeze them the night before for optimum coolness. Then add your favorite fruit. I chose blueberries and raspberries.
This fun Keystone Meats recipe for Walking Tacos is always a hit. When camping, you need meals that are quick, no-fuss, and easy.
Get the recipe below.
Keystone Meats Walking Taco
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Ground Beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup black olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Dollop sour cream
- 5-10 individual lunch-size bags of corn chips
- In a large sauté pan, heat the Keystone ground beef until the meat is fully heated through. Stir in the taco seasoning and set aside.
- Assemble your “walking taco” by adding at least ¼ cup of your ground beef into each of the opened individual-sized corn chip bags.
- Continue to add the rest of your preferred taco toppings, mix with a fork. Now start walkin’ while enjoying your taco!
Make sure to pack some good tents, sleeping bags, flashlights and lanterns for the evening and nighttime. But most importantly, make sure to have fun!