Summer Citrus and Berry Ice Pops
Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a package of ice pops? They are typically full of not just sugar but corn syrup and artificial coloring too. Luckily, you do have healthier options when it comes to ice pops. Making your own ice pops is a cinch, and a great way to cool down during the summer. All you need are a few fresh ingredients, and in just a few hours you have ice pops you can feel good about eating.
Check out these citrus and berry ice pops below, and see if this isn’t a recipe you need to try!
– 2 cups of low sugar natural orange juice
– ½ cup of chopped strawberries
– ½ cup of blueberries
– ice pop molds
Rinse all of your produce well and remove all stems/greenery. We used strawberries and blueberries for this recipe, but you can use other berries of your choice as well. Blackberries, raspberries, and even seedless cherries would all work as well. As far as the ice pop mold goes, you can find these just about anywhere household goods are sold. There are all sorts of varieties on Amazon as well, in various shapes and sizes so you can really get creative if you wish.
1. In a blender gently pulse the orange juice and fresh fruit. You don’t want to completely liquify the mixture as it is nice to have some fruit chunks in these ice pops. Instead, just pulse 2-3 times.
2. Transfer the mixture to your ice pop molds. Use a spoon to get out the pieces of fruit that may be stuck at the bottom. You want to be sure you add a spoonful or two into the molds.
3. Fill the ice pop molds about 85% full. The ice pop will expand as it freezes so you want to make sure it has room.
4. Place the ice pop molds in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours or until solid.
5. When solid, remove the ice pops and enjoy! You will find that these citrus and berry ice pops are the perfect combination of tart and sweet!
These citrus and berry ice pops are the ideal snack because they are full of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and other vitamins and nutrients. They are a healthier alternative to sugar filled ice pops, and just as good!
Don’t let the summer heat get the best of you or send you into unhealthy snacking habits. Instead, give this recipe for citrus and berry ice pops a try and see how sweet summer snacking can be!
You can purchase some of the items used in this post below. Please note that they are affiliate links, and we get a percentage of each item sold.