Tomato Basil Breakfast Burritos Give You A Healthy Start (Recipe)
If you think you don’t have time to eat breakfast, think again. If you think you don’t have time to eat a healthy breakfast, think again! The truth is there are so many healthy and quick breakfast options out there, and these tomato basil breakfast burritos are one of them! Easy to make and enjoy, these Tomato Basil Breakfast Burritos can offer you a healthy start to your day without a lot of fat, calories, or hassle. Here is how to make your own.
2 large eggs
3-4 basil leaves
1 small tomato, diced
Salt and pepper
¼ cup of white onion, finely chopped
Small flour tortilla
Non stick cooking spray
Let’s chat about these ingredients. You are of course free to omit anything that you don’t care for. Some other items you could easily substitute for the onion would be green or red pepper, or even scallions. You can use Egg Beaters or a similar product instead of fresh eggs if you wish.
1. In a bowl, crack open the two eggs and add a splash of milk. Whisk quickly.
2. Place a frying pan on medium heat. Scramble the eggs to your liking, adding the onion at this time if you wish. If adding onion, just toss it in the scrambled mixture in step one. Place the scrambled eggs on a low heat to keep warm and set aside.
3. In another bowl, add the diced tomato. Rinse 3-4 basil leaves and rough chop them before adding them to the mixture as well. Mix. If you wish for even more flavor, you can add a splash of olive oil here as well.
4. Add some non stick cooking spray to a clean skillet and add the tortilla shell. Allow it to become lightly toasted.
5. Assemble the tomato basil breakfast burrito by placing the tortilla on a place and topping it with the warm scrambled eggs and tomato and basil mixture.
6. Wrap the burrito tightly. It is now ready to be enjoyed!
As I mentioned, this Tomato Basil Burrito can help make your mornings easier because you can make it ahead of time to freeze for later. To do this, all you need to do is follow the directions above as they are. Then, wrap your tomato basil burritos tightly in a layer of plastic wrap and then again in a layer of tinfoil. Place in a freezer bag and store in the freezer until needed. When you are ready to enjoy your tomato basil burrito, it is as easy as taking it out of its packaging and heating it in the microwave on high for about 90 seconds or until heated through.
Gather your ingredients and give this simple Tomato Basil Burrito a try! It is a great way to start the morning on a healthy foot!